Academic Policy Public Review
Summary of Proposed Changes
- Policy language reviewed. No changes.
- Exceptions section edited to include the list of degrees exempt from this policy. (Noted: Not a change per se; reflects original intention and existing practice.)
- Procedures section edited. No significant changes.
- The revised Early Doctoral Thesis Credit Registration Option document is reconfigured, and now includes information previously found in the (now deleted) Implementation of Doctoral Thesis Credit Policy appendix.
- The Implementation of Doctoral Thesis Credit Policy appendix is deleted, as much of the information is now obsolete.
- Request for Exception to the Maximum Requirements for Master’s and Doctoral Degrees form reviewed. No changes.
- FAQ edited. No significant changes. FAQs incorrectly included are deleted.
- Definitions section edited. Significant edits to reflect feedback from the Equity Lens Policy Review committee, which requested a definition of “research ready.” Edits also include a definition of “early doctoral thesis credit registration” and corrected policy name/link.
- Responsibilities section edited. Significant edits to reflect feedback from the Equity Lens Policy Review committee. Edits emphasize the program/college responsibilities to identify, publicize, and consistently apply discipline-specific “research ready” criteria for early doctoral thesis credit registration.