Summary of Proposed Changes
- Policy language edited. Revisions to include points previously omitted in error, including the addition of I.a.vii and II.b, both of which codify existing practice. Other revisions limited to edits for clarity.
- Forms/instructions section edited. Added links.
- Procedures section edited. Canceling or Recessing the Doctoral Preliminary and/or Master's or Doctoral Final Oral Examination procedure was edited for clarity.
- Appendices section reviewed. No revisions.
- FAQ edited. Added an FAQ, at the request of the Equity Lens Committee, to address accommodations for students to satisfy the final oral examination requirement; added FAQs previously omitted in error; edited for clarity.
- Definitions section reviewed. No revisions.
- Responsibilities section edited. Added Graduate School/college/program responsibility to ensure student handbooks/guidelines in accessible format. Other revisions for clarity.
- Related Information section reviewed. No revisions.
View and download proposed policy changes (PDF)
View and download proposed FAQ changes (PDF)
View and download changes to Appendix: Required Conditions and Best Practices for Remote Participation in Graduate Examinations (PDF) note: this appendix is shared other related policies currently under review
View and download changes to Procedure: Canceling or Recessing the Doctoral Preliminary and/or Master's or Doctoral Final Oral Examination (PDF) note: this procedure is shared other related policies currently under review
All other appendices and forms were reviewed but no revisions recommended.