Academic Policy Public Review
Master's Degree: Completion
Summary of Proposed Changes
- Policy language edited. Revisions limited to edits for clarity.
- Forms/instructions section edited. Added links.
- Procedures section edited. Canceling or Recessing the Doctoral Preliminary and/or Master's or Doctoral Final Oral Examination procedure was edited for clarity.
- Appendices section reviewed. No revisions.
- FAQ edited. Added an FAQ, the Equity Lens Committee, to address accommodations for students to satisfy the oral examination requirement; added FAQ previously omitted in error; edited for clarity.
- Definitions section reviewed. No revisions.
- Responsibilities section edited. Added Graduate School/college/program responsibilities, per request of the Equity Lens committee, to ensure student handbooks/guidelines in accessible format. Added student responsibilities previously omitted in error.
- Related Information section reviewed. No revisions.
View and download changes to Appendix: Required Conditions and Best Practices for Remote Participation in Graduate Examinations (PDF) note: this appendix is shared other related policies currently under review
View and download changes to Procedure: Canceling or Recessing the Doctoral Preliminary and/or Master's or Doctoral Final Oral Examination (PDF) note: this procedure is shared other related policies currently under review
All other appendices and forms were reviewed but no revisions recommended.