Academic Policy Public Review
Summary of Proposed Changes
- Revised policy statement to reflect current policy intent.
- Under Program Requirements heading:
- Added language for maximum number of course credits for post-baccalaureate certificate (in alignment with master's and doctoral requirements).
- Articulated existing practice of certificates not having minors or concentrations (not in current policy).
- Created a new section of the policy titled "Requirements Upon Matriculation" that articulates current practice and aligns with master’s and doctoral student matriculation requirements. Moved matriculation-related text in current policy to this section.
- Created a new section of the policy titled "Performance Standards."
- Moved GPA and grade requirements to this section of the policy.
- Added language to articulate existing practice related to annual review of the certificate program. Aligns with practice for master’s and doctoral degree programs.
- Moved current language about continuous enrollment, degree plans, and minimum grade requirements under this section of the policy.
- Added a subsection on the Application of Credits to align with existing practice.
- Revisited language about graduate course credits being applied to master’s or doctoral degrees.
- Added language under subsection titled Time Limit for Earning the Post-baccalaureate Certificate to articulate current practice related to extensions and readmission to the program following dismissal.
- Added minimum two-thirds of course credits to be taken A/F grade basis to articulate current practice. Aligns with practice for master’s and doctoral degree programs.
- Under the Forms/Instructions heading:
- Added link to a “Request for Time Extension” form
- Under the Appendices heading:
- Added related policy links for reference.
- Under the Frequently Asked Questions heading:
- Updates to the FAQ’s once the policy revisions are approved.
- Under the Responsibilities heading:
- Articulated current practice for collegiate units, departments/programs, and students. Aligns with requirements for master's and doctoral degree expectations.
- Under the Related Information heading:
- Add links to related University master’s/doctoral degree policies.